Are you looking for information on what projects bond money is funding, the status of a project or the benefits that bond funded projects create? Visit the Bond Accountability website .
The CA Financing Coordinating Committee holds funding fairs throughout the state that highlight grant, loan and bond financing opportunities for projects including drinking water, waste water, solid waste, water quality, water supply, water conservation, energy efficiency, environmental restoration, flood management, community facilities, streets and highways, and emergency response.
The Grants Review and Tracking System (GRanTS) is the Department of Water Resources' on-line application tool. If you register to use the system, you will receive an email when a new proposal solicitation package is released.
The Water Action Plan will guide efforts to enhance water supply reliability, restore damaged and destroyed ecosystems, and improve the resilience of CA infrastructure. The projects funded by Department of Water Resources grant, loan and bond financing programs support actions in the plan including:
- Make conservation a California way of life.
- Increase regional self-reliance and integrated water management across all levels of government.
- Achieve the co-equal goals for the Delta.
- Protect and restore important ecosystems.
- Manage and prepare for dry periods.
- Expand water storage capacity and improve groundwater management.
- Provide safe water for all communities.
- Increase flood protection.
- Increase operational and regulatory efficiency.
The Water Quality, Supply, and Infrastructure Improvement Act of 2014 approved by California voters on November 4, 2014 authorizes $7.545 billion in general obligation bond funds to address water quality, supply, and infrastructure improvement issues in California. The bond is comprised of seven categories of funding:
- Clean and safe drinking water
- Watershed restoration and protection
- Regional water security
- Statewide system operation
- Water recycling
- Groundwater sustainability
- Flood management